How To Find A Missing Person The Methods Investigators Use in Their Work - It is not always necessary to hire a private investigator to search for a missing person. In fact, the time consuming task of investigating a missing pers...
Microsoft Windows 7 is the latest version of Microsoft Windows operating system. Compared to its predecessor Windows XP and Vista, Windows 7 is more powerful and more secure. Unlike Windows XP, Windows 7 adopted a new password protection system that we can't use the hidden administrator account by default. The problem is that when youforgot Windows 7 administrator password, you can no longer recover your lost password by using the hidden administrator account. Therefore, how to recover Windows 7 administrator password if your lost or forgot it?
Don't worry, here we will show you two methods to recover Windows 7 administrator password:
Method 1: Use other available Windows 7 administrator accounts
If you had created more than one administrator account on your Windows 7 computer, you are lucky. When you forgot administrator password, you can change or remove the forgotten password with other available administrator accounts.All you need to do is just the following three simple steps:
Click Start > Control Panel > Add or remove user accounts.
Choose the locked administrator account.
Click Change the password or Remove the password. And then you can change or remove the lost or forgotten password.
Please note: If you select this method to perform Windows 7 administrator password recovery, the locked administrator account will lose all EFS-encrypted files, personal certificates, and stored passwords for Web sites or network resources.
Well, if the locked account is the unique administrator account on your Windows 7 computer, you can try the method below.
Method 2: Use Windows password recovery software
There are plenty of Windows password recovery tools on the Internet. Most of them are designed to create a Windows password reset disk. If you forgot Windows 7 administrator password, you can use the password reset disk to recover the forgotten password. Here we highly recommend Windows Login Recovery. Here you can follow the three simple steps below:
Download and install Windows Login Recovery (Download) in a computer.
Run the program and create a password reset disk with a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
Recover Windows 7 administrator password with the password reset disk.
Now you can regain the access to your Windows 7 computer. The advantage of using this method is that you would not lose any data on your computer. Try the second method if you forgot Windows 7 administrator password. You do not need to re-install Windows or take the locked computer to the computer repair shop anymore.
It is well known that Windows administrator account has the full rights on computer, such as download and install software, change settings, remove or reset other accounts password, etc. If you , though you can log on computer with a standard user or guest account, your operations on computer are limited.
As the Windows 7 built-in administrator account is disabled by default, you need to active the administrator account before using it. The following will show you how to reset administrator password in Windows 7 when you forgot or lost the password, and how to enable the hidden Windows 7 administrator account and assign a password for it.
Part 1: How to reset Windows 7 administrator password?
The easiest way to reset a lost or forgotten administrator password in Windows 7 is to use . But usually it is not a real solution to help you reset forgotten password, because you need to create one in advance. Here we will show you an effective method to reset your forgotten Windows 7 administrator password.
is a powerful Windows 7 password reset tool for you to reset forgotten or lost Windows 7 password. You can create a bootable password reset disk (CD/DVD) or USB flash drive with it to reset administrator password with 4 steps:
Step 1: and install Windows Password Breaker Professional.
Step 2: Burn a bootable password reset CD/DVD or USB flash drive with the program.
Step 3: Reboot your locked computer from the burned CD/DVD or USB.
Step 4: Reset Windows 7 administrator password to blank.
Your Windows 7 administrator password will be removed and you can log on administrator account without entering password. The detailed is also available.
Part 2: How to enable Windows 7 administrator account?
Method 1: Use Command Prompt
The easiest way to enable Windows 7 built-in administrator account is to use Command Prompt.
1. Click Start and type cmd in the search box. Right-click cmd and select Run as Administrator.
2. Click Yes when prompted to allow the Command Processor to run. And then the command prompt will appear.
3. Type net user in the command prompt window, and then hit Enter. All the Windows account user names will be listed. You'll also see the Administrator account, but now it is not enabled.
4. Type net user administrator /active:yes and hit Enter to enable Windows 7 admin account.
Assign a password for administrator:
Now the Windows 7 administrator account is created. To create a Windows 7 admin password, you can follow the below steps:
1. Switch to log on with the administrator account.
2. Click Start, Control Panel, User Accounts and Family Safety and User Accounts in order. You'll enter the screen where you can make changes for your account.
3. Click Create a password for your account on the screen.
4. In the coming screen, type and confirm your Windows 7 admin password.
5. Enter password hint and click Create Password.
Now a password has been successfully created for your Windows 7 admin account.
Method 2: Use Local Users and Groups
1. Click Start and type lusrmgr.msc in the search box, and then hit Enter. The Local Users and Groupsscreen will come up.
2. Double-click the Users folder. And all the Windows 7 accounts will be displayed for you.
3. Right-click the Administrator account and select Properties.
4. Uncheck the "Account is disabled" check-box and click OK on the Administrator Properties screen.
Assign a password for admin:
Now Windows 7 admin account is enabled. To set a password for the enabled Windows 7 administrator account, follow the steps as below:
1. Right-click the Administrator account and select Set Password.
2. Click Proceed to go on your operation.
3. Type and confirm your new Windows 7 admin password and click Ok.
4. Close the Local Users and Groups screen.
Now a password is assigned to your Windows 7 admin account.
Note: Please remember to create a Windows 7 password reset disk after assigning administrator password. You can use it to reset easily when you happened to forgot the password.