1. You may get the system error 1240 when using net view \\remotecomputer'
2. “Workgroup_name is not accessible… Account is Not Authorized to Log In to this Station” when attempting to browse the workgroup from a networking computer.
1. Use Regedit to enable unencrypted (plain text) passwords for the SMB client.
2. Enable Send Unencrypted Password to Connect to 3rd Party SMB Servers under Local Security Policy.
3. Set the following policies as showing:
Digitally sign client communications (always) - disabled
Digitally sign server communications (always)- disabled
Digitally sign server communications (when possible) - disabled
LAN Manager Authentication Level set to Send LM and NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated - (default) send LM & NTLM responses
Secure channel: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always) - disabled
Secure channel: Require strong (Windows 2000 or later) session key – disabled
4. Contact the third-party SMB server manufacturer if you have a third-party SMB server, such as DEC Pathworks, Samba or Linux.
5. If you are running Windows 9x, you may want to re-configure windows authentication for network logons.