Connection drops when in PPPOE but ok in Bridge mode

Hi. Im using a Dlink 2640b adsl modem+router. I am having this problem for some time. I put my connection on pppoe mode. The connection stays fine for an hour, maybe 2 or sometimes it remains for 5 hours. After than, the green light becomes solid and then goes off. I have to restart my modem to get my net back.

I tried switching to bridge mode and dial from my pc. The connection then doesnt break and is fine. But I dont want to dial. Does anyone know where the problem might lie ? I will flash a older firmware tonight, but i really need to know if anyone has a solution to this horrific problem. 

Before anyone blames my router, I used a Huawei modem before. It had the same problem. I gave that router to my bro in law, and he used it saying it was working fine. I even took out a new telephone line incase there was a problem with the line. MY net provider says there isnt any problem with the line. HELP !!!
 



___________________________________________________________________


Where are you located & which ISP?
You should not need PPoE nor Bridged for DSL, just a standard ethernet connection.
PPoE is configured on the router, not your computer.


___________________________________________________________________