Can I Add a Wireless Printer

I currently have my wireless laptop using the networked wireless printer connected to my desktop computer via USB. The desktop shows active wired and a wireless connections on my router's homepage. Question is can I add the printer to the wireless network used by the wireless desktop and disconnect USB. Reason is I want to move the printer to a location where using a USB cable isn't practical.

Hope what I'm asking makes some sense. Running W7 Ultimate.
 

__________________________________________________________

If you have a wireless router and the printer also has a built in wireless print server, then yes, you can omit the USB connection. However, you will need to re-setup the printer on each computer.

Best to uninstall the printer from each computer first, then setup the printer's wifi so it connects to your wifi router, then install the printer on each comp.

Installing a printer that connects via the router is different for different operating systems. The printer likely came with a CD that will guide you through setting it up via the network.